Collection Update

Stuart Neill stuart at neill.ukfsn.org
Tue Oct 24 21:46:26 UTC 2006

On Monday 23 October 2006 17:28, Andrew Turner wrote:
> Stuart,
>
> As far as I know, official support for preserving statistics having
> moved files only happened with AFT ( http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/AFT )
> in Amarok 1.4.3. I'm surprised it's showing you any of your previous
> statistics at all.
>
> I'm sure you realise how old 1.3.8 is and that it's really not
> practical for us to continue to support it - I, for one, wasn't
> developing Amarok when it was released.

Ah, now you've made me laugh. Here am I thinking that having installed SLED10,
which must be all of two months old, I was the bees-knees; and you tell me I
haven't even reached the ankles [1]. There can't be many projects moving at
the speed of Amarok development. More power to you. I'm afraid however that I
will only be able to cheer you on from some distance in the rear as for the
next few months I am in an area without broadband.

Don't know if you should be claiming to offer any support as you may be making
a rod for your own back. Yours, and others, helpful correspondence is always
appreciated however.

> My advice would be to upgrade Amarok assuming you have permissions to
> do so, and probably clear your database and start again. If you really
> want to try and save your scores, have a look at the statistics table
> (before you upgrade) and try to work out what's wrong with its
> contents (eg old URLs) and fix them.

I have renamed the old SQLite database and started again. I might get around
to using some dormant SQL skills if I can find the time.

Trying to gain some sympathy for the loss of my listening statistics in the
pub last night;

Them: I hope this is not one of your conversations about the
interwebdotcomthingy.
Me    : No its about music.
Them: It doesn't sound it. Why do you need to know the first, last and number
of times you've played a track anyway?
Me    : Well I don't specifically, but now that it is wrong, its irritating.
Them: Are you winding us up?

[1] I know it is a stable Open Suse 10.1 which is older.

--
Stuart Neill