amarok 1.4.2

Donn Washburn n5xwb at hal-pc.org
Tue Oct 24 01:27:21 UTC 2006

Hey Group;

Has anyone had this problem dealing with amarok 1.4.2?
That is after a complete reload, factory update and KDE 3.5.4
I am running SuSE 10.1 with NVIdia's driver.  SuSE delivers xine (which
is broken) and amarok 1.3.?.  I compiled and installed xine from source.
1.3 seemed to work but as soon as 1.4.2 (which did work previously) was
installed the sound fails.  Xine audio and alsa are seen as well as
libvisual.

Now to try 1.4.3 and it complains that ruby is not installed .
"locate" in /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/files

Anyone else having a similar problem?
--
73 de Donn Washburn