Video podcast to iPod transfer bug

nikosapi nikosapi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 02:52:51 UTC 2006

I know this is the wrong time to be reporting a bug, but I thought I'd mention
that with certain video podcasts such as dl.tv (
http://rssnewsapps.ziffdavis.com/audioblogs/DLTV.mp4.xml ) if you transfer
the video to the iPod, it will show up under audio podcasts.
A podcast that works is Tikibar tv: http://feeds.feedburner.com/TikiBarTV
The difference I can see between the two feeds is that dl.tv uses video/mpeg
as their mimetype in the enclosure tag, whereas tikibar tv uses video/m4v.
Also dl.tv uses .mp4 for their file extention and tikibar tv uses .m4v.

I have the latest cvs version of libgpod and a 5.5G, 80GB iPod.
It's not much of a problem for me as I just use gtkpod to transfer those video
podcasts.

Sorry 'bout the late report,

nikosapi