speed improvements (patch)

Ovidiu Gheorghioiu ovy at alum.mit.edu
Fri Oct 6 04:10:42 UTC 2006

Here is an updated version of the atomicstring patch, with the
formatting done right. I've realized that my Emacs was set to indent
with tabs when possible -- that probably made things worse if your tab
size was different than mine.

Also, I've found a small trivial bug in my previous speed patch --
spaces were not inserted properly in the precomputed search string,
thus a query string could match across tags ( "U2 - One" would match
the query "eu"). And I had added couple of tabs in that same file by
mistake. I've attached a second patch with those fixes.

Regards,
Ovy