Various artists that aren't, interface clutter
christian at whoop.org
Thu Nov 30 18:20:32 UTC 2006
I have two issues with Amarok 1.4.4 on Core 5 that I wanted to swing by
- In my collection, I have a number of albums listed under "Various
Artists" where the songs belonging to those individual albums definitely
all seem to have the same artist, so I don't understand why they're
listed there as opposed to under the alphabetical letter of the artist.
When right-clicking "Editing information for x tracks" for these albums,
I do in fact see the (single) artist, album name, often also the
- Can you keep an eye on interface clutter? KDE's pretty guilty of that
at least in default configurations, and Amarok has symptoms too:
* It'd be great if I could change/remove the Clear, Save Playlist
As, Undo, and Redo buttons next to the playlist filter, for
example. I can have those buttons at the bottom of the playlist
* Likewise, please let me remove Analyzers completely.
* The approaches to search under Collection and Files are quite
different; it'd be nice to have that work the same way. (The
search terms entry field under Files at the top of the files
list doesn't seem to work for me?)
Apologies if this has been pointed out before. It's minor stuff --
thanks a bunch for an otherwise very neat music player!
More information about the Amarok