Mouse wheel and position slider, [was: extragear/multimedia/amarok/src]

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 12:26:14 UTC 2006

>Quite frankly, i disagree. It is a similar argument to zooming in on
>an item on the screen.
>
>Don't look at the scroll wheel as up/down, but rather, away/towards
>(respectively). When i use the mouse wheel to zoom, i expect that
>scrolling down (moving the wheel towards me) will enlargen the image
>(as it brings the image towards me).  Similarly, when i scroll down on
>the position slider, i expect that the position in the audio track is
>brought towards me, or fast forwarded.
>
>Seb

I would argue that most zoom inplementaitons actually works the opposite of
this (check maps.google.com for instance). When zooming in I always percieve
it as moving "into" the image, and hence find it more natural that this
occurs when moving the scrollwheel away from me (and towards the screen)

I agree with Martin that increasing volume should definately be up (away) on
the scroll wheel.

- Nikolaj