Mouse wheel and position slider, [was: extragear/multimedia/amarok/src]

Seb Ruiz me at sebruiz.net
Tue Nov 21 11:51:14 UTC 2006

On 21/11/06, Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
> Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> > I've just compared the old and new behavior. I agree with Alex. IMHO the new
> > behavior is consistent and feels natural. I'm used to the relation "Up =
> > Forward/More".
>
> Yup, in web browsers when using the wheel to navigate your history, down
> == back, and thus up == forward.... so this does appear to be consistent.

Quite frankly, i disagree. It is a similar argument to zooming in on
an item on the screen.

Don't look at the scroll wheel as up/down, but rather, away/towards
(respectively). When i use the mouse wheel to zoom, i expect that
scrolling down (moving the wheel towards me) will enlargen the image
(as it brings the image towards me).  Similarly, when i scroll down on
the position slider, i expect that the position in the audio track is
brought towards me, or fast forwarded.

Seb

--
http://www.sebruiz.net/