Podcast issue

Art Alexion art.alexion at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 14:07:30 UTC 2006

One of the nice additions to 1.4.4 is the ability to associate a local file
with a podcast.

Good for:
1. Associating podcasts already downloaded otherwise with the amarok podcast
manager,
2. Sometimes gets around the VBR podcast bug.
3. Lets you download more efficiently with wget and still manage in amarok.

Thanks for this feature.

but I have a problem with it that I don't know how to fix.

The little dialog that allows you to associate defaults to the default
directory for the particular podcast.  Good design.  But it allows you to
associate the entire directory with a single podcast. I am not sure why
anybody would want to do this, but it can be done inadvertently.  And once it
is done it seems it can't be undone.  The only way to fix the association
seems to be to "delete the downloaded podcast".  Oh no! Will this delete the
entire directory?  This association should be usable to change the
association without deleting the currently associated media file.

Is there a current work-around?

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @