ripping 'n' burning

Alf Lervag alf at lervag.net
Wed Nov 15 11:47:39 UTC 2006

On 11/15/06, Rich <rich at hq.vsaa.lv> wrote:
> cover printing probably better belongs in the ripping application (k3b
> in this case).

I dissagree. My playlists are stored in Amarok, not k3b.  I don't want
to create a new CD in k3b just to be able to print a new cover to one
of my burned CDs.

> i missed simple cover generator (just a tracklist with times + total),
> so i created a crude script to get that information from .k3b files :)

I've created a crude script to parse an m3u playlist, read metadata
from the files listed in the playlist and creating a cddbread.1 file
that can be printed with disc-cover.  It works, but to be honest, I
much prefer the way I do it in iTunes: Select playlist.  File->Print.
Choose layout.  Select printer.  Press print.

--
Alf