ATF and moving between different shares

Rich rich at hq.vsaa.lv
Wed Nov 8 14:33:52 UTC 2006

Andreas Heinz wrote:
>> alternatively, you could manually change the db, but make sure to have
>> double backups and double check everything after the change - would be
>> bad to find out that it has not worked a month later :)
>
> what would manually changing the db involve? only updating the deviceid
> entry in stats or is it necessary to update the path also?

i'm afraid that i could be giving you wrong information, so i will leave
this for somebody more experienced to answer.
changing a device path only probably would involve single change, but if
path changes, too, that might be more complicated.

> can you estimate when the next version will be available? i dont want to
> use svn again, since this gave me more problems ;)

well, actually svn currently has aft broken, too, so no use to compile it ;)
maybe you can try some temporary workarounds with symlinks (but be
carefol not to introduce songs twice into the db :) )

>>> by the way, there dont seem to be error messages in std out. so amarok
>>> thinks its behavior is correct ...
>> do you have it compiled with debugging enabled ?
>
> afaik yes.

then you should be getting quite verbose output in the console,
especially when rescanning the collection.

>>> Andreas
  Rich