ATF and moving between different shares

Rich rich at hq.vsaa.lv
Wed Nov 8 06:49:32 UTC 2006

Andreas Heinz wrote:
> hi again,
>
> rescan didn't work regarding the stats. amarok now has some stats but
> not all. having a look at the db it seems amarok shows the stats related
> to the deviceid which "storage" represents and ignores all stats which
> where on /mp3s and now are in storage.
> i dont have clue if it makes sense or is a good idea to do a massupdate
> in my mysql db and change all "mp3"id stats to "storage"id.
>
> what do you think?

well, as i wrote before, it seems that uid update during collection scan
is broken, so that might be the reason for the behaviour you see.
so you could wait until this problem is resolved.

alternatively, you could manually change the db, but make sure to have
double backups and double check everything after the change - would be
bad to find out that it has not worked a month later :)

> by the way, there dont seem to be error messages in std out. so amarok
> thinks its behavior is correct ...

do you have it compiled with debugging enabled ?

> Andreas
  Rich