ripping 'n' burning

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Nov 7 10:32:55 UTC 2006

Gianluca wrote:
> yeah, that's very cool...
> but i think it's too complicated for the people that don't understand
> these terms....
> the people who install kubuntu for the first time ehen read these word
> "fall in panic" and close the window...
>
> i think (we think, a speak for lots of people) that a light and easy
> interface inside amarok will be VERY VERY COOL...
>
> sorry another time for the english and the disturb..... :p
>
> aloha to everyone

I guess is someone was willing (I'm not (yet) and Amarok coder as time
is very short for me just now), then these settings etc. could be
exposed via Amarok's config and Ripping could be made simpler - just
click a button etc.

One thing I didn't work out how to do was to tweak the
FreeDB/CDDB/Whatever it is now lookup data to fit my my view of the
world (correct case, fix spelling errors etc.).

That said I didn't look for long, as I didn't actually have a CD to rip
there and then!!

Col.