ATF and moving between different shares

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Tue Nov 7 06:14:08 UTC 2006

On Monday 06 November 2006 15:03, Andreas Heinz wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> is just tried to get my mp3s into amarok again and encountered a problem:
> before my last upgrade of my ubuntu server i had two shares:
> /storage and /mp3s.
> now /mp3s is in /storage/mp3s. now i dont know if amarok atf feature
> only gets them when they are moved within one and the same share and not
> between two shares. s this possible? or should i rescan my collection
> and amarok will recognize the unique ids within the db?

Andreas--

This should work fine.  As long as you didn't change tags on files as well, it
should pick things up at the new location.

You should save your database beforehand just in case, however :-)  That way
if something doesn't work, I can try to help you debug it until it does work
right.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeff