Review of Magnatune Store

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 21:01:43 UTC 2006

Its late and I just got in, so my in depth reply will have to wait
untill tomorrow. Just want to say however that I agree with many of
the points you raise. Some of them have already been discussed on irc,
such as adding more information (such as the secure connection shield
from konq. ) to the purchase dialog.

I think I can stay awake long enough to leave quick remark about your
point no. 3

> (3) Amarok doesn't know about albums I have already purchased.  It would be
> nice if Amarok kept track of albums that I have purchased, that the buy
> button could become a re-download button, or maybe just offer to re-download
> if I attempt to buy it again.

Actually the version we released does store all the info needed to
redownload any album purchased (in the
.kde/share/apps/amarok/magnatune.com) folder. I did not have time to
finish the re-donwload manager before string freeze, but that is what
I am currently working on. This info could also be used to solve your
no. 1 point about aborted downloads. I had not thougt of having
anything you purchase checked agains previous purchases, but that
might be a nice (and easilly imnplemeted) feature.

- Nikolaj