icecast2, two Soundcards

Denny Schierz linuxmail at 4lin.net
Sat Nov 4 20:44:59 UTC 2006

hi,

i have two soundcards installed:

cat /proc/asound/cards
 0 [SoundByLayout  ]: AppleOnbdAudio - SoundByLayout
                      SoundByLayout
 1 [default        ]: USB-Audio - C-Media USB Headphone Set
                      C-Media USB Headphone Set   at
usb-0001:10:1b.2-2.3, full speed

My primary soundcard is the USB device for my normal speakers. I want to
use the internal soundcard for amarok and icecast2. I'm not sure, what
to to next.

My goal is, that i can play the mp3/ogg files via Amarok, ices0 grabs
the music from the internal card (with the alsa-module) and i can hear
the sound with my usb soundcard (with a second instance from amarok or
xmms etc.) .

Does anybody has a similar setup?

cu denny