Post K3M changes

Jocke Andersson ajocke at gmail.com
Tue May 30 21:51:44 UTC 2006

On Tuesday May 30 2006 22:52, Harald Sitter wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 May 2006 20:06, Nick Tryon wrote:
> > like it if there was a way to quickly toggle it with a button.
>
> +1

Yeah. Me, markey and dangle discussed this(ish) this morning. I came up with
the idea to replace the tab bar with a horizontal version of the browser bar,
which not only would look better, but also would:
1.
Allow users to select which tabs (browsers) to show in the top too.  Users
who never use Lyrics can disable the lyrics tab for example (It might also be
an idea to stop any lyrics script automatically if a user does just that...
The other way around would be a bad idea though.)
2.
Allow for closing the context browser(s) with one click. Just what we're
looking for in this thread.

Markey says he's too lazy to do this (well, he almost said that...), so I
might actually give it a try after this week if noone else have done it by
then. My programming teacher was kind enough to teach the class Qt (4,
though) some weeks ago, and after this week, I have no more official
lessons. :)

A more future view about this change:
If someone does a refactor, one might actually be able to change where to put
the different browsers. On top or on the side. That will probably take some
time and also probably is beyond my knowledge (I havent checked the code yet,
so I don't know if it would be possible already...), but according to what
I've seen in the comments in the blog, it'd make about 10-50% of the users
happy :P

//Firetech