Post K3M changes

Elliot Pahl elliot.pahl at gmail.com
Tue May 30 11:27:39 UTC 2006

I'm running amarok on gentoo amd64, and it was working fine until I updated
my amarok-svn to current.

I'm not at home at the moment, so I can't paste exact output, but these are
some issues I've encountered so far:
xine no longer plays flac files, and gives an "audio pipe not found" error,
mp3's still appear to play fine.

When I tried to revert to a previous revision of amarok (pre K3M), I got a
message saying something similar to:
"amarok has a bug, so quitting rather than trashing the database"

Can anyone help with that?

I also have some thoughts on the new user interface:

Currently, there is no way to hide the music/lyrics/artist tabs, it would be
nice if they could be toggled/hidden like the collection browser, etc on the
left hand side.

Also the Music tab in particular are very geared toward using a tall
vertical space and so doesn't use the new wide space very well and could do
with a new layout to reflect that.

Cheers,

Elliot Pahl