Suggestion

Dan Meltzer hydrogen at notyetimplemented.com
Fri Jun 30 12:32:20 UTC 2006

On Friday 30 June 2006 8:11 am, Dan Meltzer wrote:
> On Friday 30 June 2006 4:02 am, Andreas Heinz wrote:
> > hi mark,
> >
> > thanks, sounds great. maybe i give it a shot this afternoon, trying my
> > second patch for amarok ;)
>
> I can fix this, i'll put it together right now.  I already made it not add
> an empty list to the playlist, will be simple to change it to 100 instead
> of empty.  It cannot go in until after this weekend due to stringfreeze
> however.

Spoke too soon, just realized that one of the main parts of the freeze comes
when determining the amount of tracks and their info, (this can also be
demonstrated by right clicking on the collection after selecting everything.)
This freeze occurs because Amarok has to query the db for infomation about
every track (it is not stored in memory to keep mem usage reasonable.)  With
that, I am not really sure how it could be implemented without adding another
display freeze somewhere else.  If someone else has an idea, i'll bow to
you :)