: MediaDevice

Roel Meeuws r.j.meeuws at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 11:30:50 UTC 2006

This is an enquiry e-mail via http://amarok.kde.org from:
Roel Meeuws <r.j.meeuws at gmail.com>

Hi,

I use amarok to transfer media items to my Nokia N80 using the generic mediadevice plugin. But the problem is that when I use Transkode the files are transcoded into mp3 because the generic mediadevice transmits no preference format. I think it would be good if there was an option in GenericMediaDevice to set the preferred format, e.g. m4a, ogg, etc.  Furthermore, because many madiadevices have no real added functionality compared to the GenericMediaDevice, it would be nice to be able to specify new mediadevices based on genericmediadevice, just by providing a compatible list of formats, a nice picture, and maybe some mount unmount  commands. Saves the trouble of all the 'unnecessary' coding.

A more elaborate feature would be progress bars per transfered item. And parallel transfer item a/  transcode item b -> so two progress bars running at one time, maybe different colors?

Point me in the right direction and I might code some of these things myself, allthough I never worked on a kde project before.

greetz,

Roel Meeuws BSc
MSc Student
http://ce.et.tudelft.nl/~rmeeuws