: New sidebar layout

Thorben Kröger thorbenk at gmx.net
Tue Jun 20 20:16:04 UTC 2006

This is an enquiry e-mail via http://amarok.kde.org from:
Thorben Kröger <thorbenk at gmx.net>

Hello,
You asked for feedback on the new sidebar layout, so here it is:
I don't think that moving the context-sidebar to the top is a good idea. When I started my new amarok for the first time, I thought something had gone wrong and I tried to move the sidebar back to the left and searched for an option to undo this change. Please at least make this configurable.

The information usually displayed in the sidebar consists mainly of track titles, which are quite short, but take up a lot of vertical space... Now I have to scroll a lot to see the information, and my playlist (which is often quite full) becomes even smaller. So the context sidebar at the top wastes a lot of space.

When you use the wikipedia tab, I also think it is easier to read the texts when the lines aren't that long!

Lyrics often have short lines as well (a few words per line) but have many lines!

All in all I think there are many good reasons to keep the context sidebar as a sidebar!

Thorben