Dynamic Collection: Conflicting Mount Points

Bradley Pesicka teknomunk at bluebottle.com
Thu Jun 15 02:30:29 UTC 2006

have found a problem I cannot quite find a good solution for.
    Last time we talked, amarok would crash whenever a cd was put in.  I
was working with cd's because I have a few cd's with mp3's burnt on
them.  I would like to be able to put a cd in the drive and have the
songs show up in the collection.  However, when I put in a different cd
in the drive, the old files are removed and the new ones are added.
    As far as I can tell, this happens because, while dynamic collection
in it's current state handles missing mounts by not including them in
any queries, different collections or devices with the same mount point
conflict with each other.
    I spent a couple of hours trying to find a solution, but I think it
will take a little more work than that to get it working.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for the help so far.

    - teknomunk