Dynamic Collection patch

Maximilian Kossick mkossick at gmx.de
Mon Jun 12 17:18:08 UTC 2006

Hi.
This is the current version of my dynamic collection patch. It applies to
amarok/src revision 550753.

It is a (so far) working implementation of my Dynamic Collection idea as
described on the wiki:
http://amarok.kde.org/amarokwiki/index.php/Dynamic_Collection

I tested the patch with files on my laptop's internal hdd and on my external
USB hdd.

Known bugs/unimplemented features:
-the statistics SQL queries (number of genres, artists, albums, etc.) are
wrong.
-ATF doesn't work yet. It should be pretty straightforward to implement it, I
simply didn't get around to it yet
-watching for directory changes using inotify or the old method probably
doesn't work correctly when devices are added/removed at runtime

If you want to test the patch you have to use a new database. It doesn't
convert old ones yet. And make sure that your filesystem is supported in
DeviceManager (currently supported are ext2, ext3, ntfs, vfat, hfsplus.
simply add your filesystem to the list in DeviceManager::getDevice. yes, i
know that this is a very ugly hack)

--Max