want to contribute IBM DB2 support

Helmut Tessarek tessarek at evermeet.cx
Sat Jun 10 18:06:19 UTC 2006

Dan Meltzer wrote:
> > Personally I don't see the benefit.
> >
> > We already have mysql and postgresql as optional, and sqlite built
in.  What
> > benefit would db2 add?

Since DB2 Express-C is now available for free, many open-source
developers could start writing applications for DB2 and I guess that
more and more people are going to use DB2 instead of mysql.

Anyways, I just thought that it would be a good idea to provide an
additional choice for storing the collection information.

And of course it would be a benefit for all the people that already use
DB2.

Personally I don't want to install mysql just because of one application
and the sqlite interface is pretty slow for big collections.
I'm sure that I'm not the only one who doesn't want to install another
database.....

Helmut