[mm-meeting] Re: Impression of K3M?

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Thu Jun 8 08:05:55 UTC 2006

Hi Matthias,

On Wednesday 07 June 2006 17:30, Matthias Kretz wrote:
> How technical may it be?

I'd say, aim for the middle ground. There will be impressions from all three
involved teams (Phonon, Amarok, usability), and a summary from KDE-NL, so you
can go a bit more in-depth if you like. The audience however does NOT have a
programming background, so it makes no sense to describe the various
abstraction layers and APIs in detail.

> > The paper size will be about half an A4 sheet. I don't know what exact
> > layout (margins, line spacing, ...) Hendrik has in mind, but I guess we
> > should aim for two of those pages. If you have too little we can fill up
> > with pictures, so don't worry too much about it.
>
> So, say 600±200  words?

That's a good estimate. It depends a bit on your choice of words, the font
size we'll pick and the amount of pictures (did I say screenshot to accompany
the three impressions yet?). Don't go too much beyond 600 words though. If we
need more than two pages to add images that's perfectly fine, but if the text
alone requires 3 or more pages it will become quite the read for the
audience...

> Yes, I'll try to write something.

Thanks!

--