2.0 plans was: Reminder: commit major changes...

Jocke Andersson ajocke at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 19:36:30 UTC 2006

On Monday June 5 2006 20:59, Dan Meltzer wrote:
> The amount of changes on branches/work/kde4 are probably less than those on
> trunk currently, so maybe the smartest thing to do would be to (at some
> point in the future)
> 1. update branches/stable/extragear/multimedia/amarok with current 1.4
> stuff in trunk (There is no real need to keep a 1.3 branch, thats what tags
> are for.
>
> 2. "sideport" (I Coined a new phrase!) stuff from branches/work/kde4 to
> trunk/, and make trunk the 2.0 development.

Oh no! Then I'll have to update amaroK-svn! :P

Seriously though, users updating from trunk with a script (not just mine) that
doesn't follow the discussions in the IRC channel and/or here will be quite
confused, and the amount of questions about why svn suddenly requires Qt 4
will be uhm... large (just like when KDE 3.5 was branched and the admin dir
got Qt4-ized).

IMHO (from a SVN user's perspective) making 2.0 trunk should wait until
kdelibs 4 is stable enough to use, depending on how long that will take...

//Firetech