Re-examining Dynamic Mode.

Joel Wiramu Pauling aenertia at aenertia.net
Sat Jun 3 08:59:09 UTC 2006

On Saturday 03 June 2006 20:03, Ian Monroe wrote:
> On 6/3/06, Joel Wiramu Pauling <aenertia at aenertia.net> wrote:

> So... whats your ideal implementation look like?

Well I think now that we have moved to K3M style windowing (HORAH! something I
suggested AGES ago ;-) there are a number of options.

I think for the moment, just adding it back into the tools menu and perhaps
having it select and popup the default "suggested songs" or "random songs"
playlist might be a start.

Perhaps in a wizard style implementation.

I don't want to change the playlist concept as mentioned I think from a purely
academic point of view that makes sense.

Perhaps with k3m the concept of having the dynamic mode playlist loading as a
seperate pane above the main playlist... and populating concurently could
work...

I.e You have the main playlist above it the suggested/random dynamic list...
and then say being able to manually add stuff to the main playlist from the
suggested/dynamic playlist....

Essentially this would be similar to the context menu, but far more specific
and easier to manage. It also increases functionality in that you have more
control over what is actually getting played....

I like this idea quite a lot, and it also means you don't have two different
metaphors operating for the main playlist pane.

What do others think?