Re-examining Dynamic Mode.

Joel Wiramu Pauling aenertia at aenertia.net
Sat Jun 3 05:27:02 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I would just like to open up discussion about the way in which dynamic
playlists are exposed to the user.

I was a big proponent of Dynamic/Party mode, and used to use it extensively.

While I agree with the HCI principles behind having dynamic mode/playlists
accessible through the standard playlist browser format I also have found
myself not using them at all since the shift.

I think because this is such a fundamentally usefull and important feature for
amarok which differentiates it from other players more emphasis needs to be
given to it.

What do other people think of this? I feel it definitely would benefit from
being placed back into the tools menu.

What are others experiences in terms of utilising it before and after the
change?

Kind regards

JoelW (aenertia)