Renaming amaroK, Amarok

Reigo Reinmets reigo.reinmets at hot.ee
Fri Jun 2 08:48:44 UTC 2006

After a few hours of thinking.. i managed to but the historical love for the
name besides me and i have come to agree with the idea about changin the name
to Amarok, but only for the following reasons:

* smalle K and Bigger A would make amaroK more non-kde looking, although we
are rather kde-dependent
* Amarok is a lot easyer to understand and write for most journalists, less
confusion for users.
* Amarok is grammaticaly a lot more correct than amaroK is. No matter the
language - again less confusion for writers.

Additional notes: I think, that the name changing should happen along with the
release of the 2.0 series.. or when the first public beta ships.
Canging the name of the 1.4 series would be rather crap, also we need to
redraw some artwork etc so 2.0 sounds like a good deadline?
So.. my proposal would be amaroK 1.4 and Amarok 2.0 :)
New Version, New skin(Qt4), New name :) Re-New Everything :)

Cheers,
Reigo Reinmets