Renaming amaroK, Amarok

Reigo Reinmets reigo.reinmets at hot.ee
Fri Jun 2 06:12:22 UTC 2006

WTF Renaming amaroK????

Are you nuts?

Although just changing the capitalized letters, i still find it rather bad
idea! Why? Well, amaroK is not a very young application, it has a rather good
history, very big userbase and quite a fun development team. Now, changing
the name is something you can do in the early stage of the application
development, amaroK is sure as hell passed that stage!

Secondly, i personaly think that AmaroK is just ugly and comes from old habit
of typing names with big capitalized letter in the front. but Amarok in the
otherhand i like.. totaly sick imho.. i mean.. compare them:
amaroK
Amarok

While sure the second name is a lot more Normal, well.. amaroK is not NORMAL..
i mean the application, amaroK is suberb! it deserves to stand out!

Just my $0.02 but i'm all against changing the official name.. so what if
people miss-spell it in the irc? not even worth bitchslapping.. sure when
they miss-spell it in the public article we should notify the author and let
him change it, but thats not that big problem either..

i totaly hate the idea!

Have a nice summer! The June has arrived :)

Reigo Reinmets