1.4.1 crashing frequently under FC5

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Sun Jul 30 13:08:21 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Several weeks ago, I had yum update amarok from v1.4.0 to v1.4.1 on my FC5
system, and it has now become so unstable to be virtually unusable. It
crashes constantly, often after just playing a single track. It has sent
some 18 backtraces to the backtrace list, but unfortunately I don't know how
to read those to be able to get an idea as to what is causing the problem.

At this point, two options come to mind: I can either try to find an older
rpm of v1.4.0, or delete all the amarok settings in .kde and start afresh.
But I would welcome any other ideas as to how to solve this.

I am also running v1.4.1 on my laptop under ubuntu (dapper), but I don't see
the same problems there. In both instances I am using the xine engine.
However, under ubuntu, I am using  mysql rather than the built-in db. Amarok
on both systems play the same collection of audio files.

TIA for any suggestions.

--
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam