ATF and dumbed smart playlists ...

Maximilian Kossick mkossick at gmx.de
Thu Jul 27 11:02:30 UTC 2006

On Wednesday, 26. July 2006 18:06, Matej Cepl wrote:
> I have recompiled this morning and only now amarok announced that I've got
> ATF first time (strange, I thought it has been in SVN for couple of days
> already) and what I can see first is that Smart Playlists don't work
> well -- I had couple of days of music in Never Played playlist and now I
> had two songs and when I played them amarok claims I have none. Some Genres
> playlists contain nothing.
>
> Matěj

Did you already have a Dynamic Collection version of Amarok? It necessarily
changed the behaviour of Smart Playlists, and for example empty Genre
playlists are normal under some circumstances ( it occurs if all songs with
that genre are on a device which is not currently attached ). I just checked
the SQL queries for Smart Playlists and they look ok.

Can you give me some more details on your problem? Which playlists do not
work? Are all the songs that you think should appear actually in your
collection? Are some of the songs stored on removable devices?

Max