failed SQL queries in the dynamic branch

Andrew Turner andrewturner512 at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 16 11:59:39 UTC 2006

Ian,

I believe that maxx_k has fixed the problem with creating the index.

As for the playlists table not existing - that is not a problem with
the branch. That table should exist in trunk as of Persistent Tables
Version 12, which is from the end of May. (revision 546372) . I would
guess that if you were still travelling, you might have got bitten by
the bug I recently found where Persistent and Stats table upgrades
would only do the upgrade from 10->11, even if you were starting from
10 and going to 12. This will probably also have affected anyone
upgrading from 1.4.0 to 1.4.1 (inc beta1), if my guess is right. More
amusing still is that an upgrade to Persistent Tables version 11 is in
fact a NOOP - it does nothing.

The upgrade code for Persistent tables is fixed only in the branch, as
with all the talk of merging, I thought it not worth the effort to
backport it to trunk. It would also be pointless, unless anyone is
immediately going to add more tables in trunk, as it would only help
for future updates; that you managed to notice a previous upgrade had
failed is purely happy coincidence.

I think, from what I can tell, this is the only failure that can
happen with the 1.4.0->1.4.1 upgrade. So, when the branch is merged
into trunk (or, the fix backported, I suppose), everything will be
sorted. Until then, I wonder what the effect is of not having a
playlists table.

Andrew