Fwd: Re: Compilation error regarding xine

Christie Harris dangle.baby at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 09:57:30 UTC 2006

Since when?

I've been happily playing similar artist radio and I'm not a paid subscriber.

Clarence, there are a number of ways to play different last.fm radio stations.
The error you recieved is *most* likely to be because you've tried to play
your neighbour radio, whilst not having any/many last.fm neighbours yourself,
or you're trying to play a station for an artist that doesn't have many
associations (for each artist there are two possible stations - "similar
artist radio" which is other artists similar to this one, and "artist fan
radio" which is taken from the profiles of people who are fans of the
artist). Note if you use the example below, you will get "similar artists
radio" by default.

1. You can enter the url of the radio station (for example
lastfm://artist/shpongle) into the "Play Media..." dialogue on the "Engage"
menu.
2. You can add the url as a radio stream on Amarok's Playlists browser.
3. You can click on ant radio station link on the last.fm site (as long as you
have the lastfm protocol registered for your browser).
4. You can send the url of a radio station to Amarok via the command line
thus: "amarok lastfm://artist/shpongle"

As a non-paying last.fm member, you cannot play anyone's loved tracks, or
their personal radio - you're limited to neighbour radio, as well as all the
global tags and artists.
You can, however, play the loved tracks and personal radio of people who ARE
subscribers.

The easiest way to work it out is to browser around http://last.fm and see
what you can play, and what sends you to the subscribe page. Hovering on any
radio station link will also give you the url for that station.

Hope that clears it up a little more!

Cheers, Christie