update vs rescan?

Andrew Turner andrewturner512 at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 14 22:32:47 UTC 2006

You mention putting an update button in the Collection Browser - this
is what was the case until relatively recently. It is also worth
noting that the Incremental Update is what happens for most users
almost every minute when they have "Watch for changes" enabled, and so
the button is only really necessary for people with that disabled.

Having said this, it was confusing to many people for things to
disappear just because they had a certain setting enabled.

Another problem that needs to be taken account of in the wording is to
reassure users that doing a Full Rescan won't lose things like
statistics (something that once worried me back in my days of
n00bness).

Andrew