umounted drive makes collection disappear

Gregory Kuhlmann kuhlmann at cs.utexas.edu
Sat Dec 9 19:19:00 UTC 2006

Interesting.  I upgraded to the svn version of amarok and now the problem
seems to have gone away.  I have "Watch folders for changes" selected.
And if I unmount / mount while amarok is running, the collection is
reloaded without requiring a rescan. Another great thing is that a
complete rescan of the collection is much faster now.

I checked out the Changlog and it appears that the problems have been
addressed:

"Dynamic mode logic has been rethought to provide a faster and better
  user experience."

You've got that right.  :-)  Thanks to the developers!

Greg