Crossfade on album change and manual change

Peter C. Ndikuwera pndiku at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 12:05:57 UTC 2006

:-)

I could argue that listening to an album in reverse order, or random
order also "disregards the artist of the recording"...

Basically, I don't buy your argument but I'll go with whatever the
majority decide.

BTW, how is this case handled:

You have a random dynamic playlist, and it randomly picks 2 songs from
the same album. Is crossfading on or off?

Peter

On 11/30/06, Martin Aumueller <aumuell at reserv.at> wrote:
> But you disregard the artist of the recording in doing so: if he wants to have
> crossfading between tracks, he puts them on the album in that way.
> If you want to exactly reproduce the album, then you don't want any
> crossfading and you want gapless playback.
>
> On Thu November 30 2006 11:20, Peter C. Ndikuwera wrote:
> > That works fine when you're listening to live recordings, but when I'm
> > listening to a studio album I _do_ want crossfading between tracks.
> >
> > :-)

> > > I would find this useful.  Although, I wouldn't care if it isn't an
> > > option. If the album is the same and the track number is sequential, just
> > > don't crossfade, otherwise, do.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Greg

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room" - The
President (Dr. Strangelove)