Amaroklive and gentoo catalyst

Luca Casagrande luca.casagrande at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 07:40:50 UTC 2006

Alle 23:31, lunedì 28 agosto 2006, Greg Meyer ha scritto:
> On Monday 28 August 2006 4:55 pm, Dan Meltzer wrote:
> > On Monday 28 August 2006 11:02 am, Luca Casagrande wrote:
> > > Hi to all!
> > > My name is Luca and I am an amarok user since a looooot ;) . I use
> > > Gentoo and as part of my work, i build linux-livecd; I use catalyst, a
> > > very nice tool from Gentoo for building livecd, cause it offer the
> > > power of customizing anything on the Livecd.
> > > If help is needed, I'd like to join the team of AmarokLive.
> >
> > Although I am a gentoo user, Amarok live based on gentoo scares me silly.
>
> Well, the previous livecd's were based on pclinuxos, mostly because I was a
> mandriva user and quite familiar with building customized rpm packages for
> use in the livecd.   Also, I was also quite familiar with the livecd
> scripts used to make that distro.   I know the distro maintainers quite
> well, so getting technical help was easy.
>
> For the next one, I think it may be decided to use kubuntu as the base,
> although Guti was reviewing the situation with pclos, so it may not be
> decided.

I thought that you build amaroklive from scratch, adding just what it's
needed...In my test i made an iso with amarok as the only app on the cd and a
basic kde installation; as kde has loaded, amarok start in full screen mode.

> Artwork is really the holdup, otherwise we would have long ago issued an
> iso.

No help on this sorry :(

Luca

--
"Chiunque può simpatizzare col dolore di un amico, ma solo chi ha un animo
nobile riesce a simpatizzare col successo di un amico (Oscar Wilde)"

LINUX User #411601
GENTOO-GIS Development Team
jabber: casagrande at jabber.linux.it