Amarok 1.4.2 collection scan fails

jesse keys jessekeys at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 26 03:49:47 UTC 2006

Hi Florian.

I had the same issues when upgrading to Amarok-svn. I posted in the forums
but did not get any answer so here is my dirty workaround which might help
you, too:

mv ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok ~/temp
strace amarokapp
choose sqlite and build the collection (might take a while)
quit amarok
cp ~/temp/scripts themes albumcovers back to new amarok folder
start amarokapp
change db to mysql (collection rebuilds just fine)

(http://amarok.kde.org/forum/index.php/topic,12792.0.html)

gute nacht ;)