a couple of questions about atf

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Wed Aug 23 11:39:21 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 23 August 2006 05:48, Rich wrote:
> ATFFirstTurnedOn=true
> this does not change durign amarok restarts and just stays there. is
> this deprecated ? does amarok remove deprecated parameters ?

No, this is not deprecated.  It's used to give some messages to the user the
first time they turn ATF on.

> ForceATFOff=false
>
> what exactly is this doing ? does it force off also reading ?

It was put in for the 1.4.2 release to force ATF off.  The default value is
true; when you start up Amarok the first time since that check has been
added, it makes AdvancedTagFeatures false, and sets this to false as well, so
that it doesn't do it every single time you start up (in case you do want to
enable it).

> at first way to enable atf was to add a line to amarokrc :
> AdvancedTagFeatures=true
>
> is this parameter still valid, how does it interact with others ?
> currently i don't have it in my amarokrc.

You won't have it in amarokrc if it's false, which is the default value.
Since ATF features are (now) always used in a read-only fashion, at some
point I may change this parameter name.

> ps. this is my amarokrc after using svn, then downgrading to 1.4.2 (just
> a couple of revisions, actually), then again using latest svn. wasn't
> 1.4.2 supposed to force atf off ?

You do have it off, since you don't have a line "AdvancedTagFeatres=true"

--Jeff