ATF: Stop spreading FUD about other media players

Alf B Lervaag alfborge at stud.ntnu.no
Fri Aug 18 14:10:41 UTC 2006

Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> > I want to make it clear that the issues are not resolved. Without a
> > standard to follow, no other application can implement this
>
> Again, no one expressed any interest to me about supporting it. My email
> address is on the Wiki page that you know so well.  Emailing me would not
> have been hard.

Actually, this is not quite correct.  I talked to you about this feature
and agreed that it was neat but that you should document it properly so
other media players could add support for this without having to go
digging in the source code.

If I remembered correctly, you didn't see any point in making such
documentation since this was an Amarok feature and if other people
wanted to support it they could make their own implementation.  Might be
I misunderstood you though.

> > and fix the problems.
>
> Which problem?  I still haven't heard anyone tell me that they'd like to work
> on interoperability.  Just some ranting about missing information that no one
> asked for in the first place.

Again I asked for this a few months back.

> > documentation
>
> Usually documentation is provided when features are finalized.

Maybe this is the norm for Amarok, but that doesn't mean it is the best
way to do it.

> > , and honesty
>
> Who's being dishonest?

I doubt it's about honesty, it's more about adding some goodwill and
trying to understand the other side of the situation.  Both of you
should try to swollow some pride and see if you can't benefit from each
others expertise.

> > I guess
> > those are too much to ask for.
>
> Probably depends how you ask.

True.  It seems this issue suffers from a bad beginning.  How about you
both just let bygones be bygones and try to do something productive
about it?

Just my $0.02.

--
Alf