Fwd: ATF: Stop spreading FUD about other media players

Joe Wreschnig piman at sacredchao.net
Thu Aug 17 21:07:41 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-17 at 15:52 -0500, Ian Monroe wrote:
> Thread necromancy!

Top posting!

Jeff never replied to me directly, he just decided to forward my mail
onto the list and make ad hominem attacks. I didn't find the thread
until today, when another QL user pointed me to it.

I want to make it clear that the issues are not resolved. Without a
standard to follow, no other application can implement this, and it's no
better than any other method of tracking files. I wouldn't really care
(there are plenty of features without standards in audio players), but
the ATF wiki page decided to talk down players without it. So, put up or
shut up: take criticism of your own player, admit your own ignorance,
and fix the problems. Or take down the inflammatory paragraph.

Sorry for wanting interoperability, documentation, and honesty. I guess
those are too much to ask for.
--
Joe Wreschnig <piman at sacredchao.net>