amarok_libvisual and xwinwrap

Piotr Gabryjeluk pgabryjeluk at o2.pl
Mon Aug 7 11:13:13 UTC 2006

Hello,

I've tried to make a funny effect running amarok_libvisual through
xwinwrap letting it to appear at my desktop below any window.

My problem, though is that in order to make it work amarok_libvisual
have to accept a option saying it, which window-id to use (just like
mplayer' -wid or /usr/lib/misc/xscreensaver/glmatrix' -window-id (in
addition to -root).

I believe, that adding such an option to amarok_libvisual is neither
hard nor harmful. I think it would be great to have Amarok'
visualisation just on the desktop. I would be easy to do:

just mv /usr/bin/amarok_libvisual to say /usr/bin/amarok_libvisual-bin
then echo "xwinwrap -ni -argb -fs -s -st -sp -nf --
/usr/bin/amarok_libvisual-bin --window-id WID $@"

And that's it. Amarok will launch /usr/bin/amarok_libvisual with some
option. It would run xwinwrap, which in turn runs
/usr/bin/amarok_libvisual-bin with suitable --window-id parameter.

Regards,
Piotr Gabryjeluk