Handbook: last details

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 09:47:58 CET 2011

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 11:14 PM, Myriam Schweingruber
<schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch> wrote:
> Hi Valorie,
>

> On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 03:40, Valorie Zimmerman
> <valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi folks, I've been spending the last few weeks combing the Handbook
>> looking for mis-spellings, factual correctness, how up-to-date both
>> test and images are, organizations, wiki markup, etc.
>
> Great work, thanks a lot! ou really rock :)
>
>> So what remains? In particular, besides some needed new screenshots,
>> our order of contents is now:
>>
>> Table of Contents
>>
>>   1. Introduction
>>   2. Quick Start Guide
>>   3. The Amarok Window
>>         1. Toolbar
>>         2. Media Sources Pane
>>         3. Context Pane
>>         4. Playlist Pane
>>   4. Configuring Amarok
>>         1. General
>>         2. Collection
>>         3. Internet Services
>>         4. Playback
>>         5. Notifications
>>         6. Database
>>         7. Changing Layouts
>>
>> TODO
>> noframe
>> Create a list of the missing Advanced Features, + decide on the
>> ordering in the list
>>

>>   1. Advanced Features
>>         1. Collection Scanning
>>         2. Cover Manager
>>         3. Dynamic Playlists
>>         4. Automatic Playlist Generator
>>         5. External Database
>>         6. AFT
>>         7. Moodbar
>>         8. Working with Media Devices
>>         9. Saved Playlists
>>        10. Playlist Filtering
>>        11. Queue Manager
>>        12. Search in Collection
>>        13. Tag Editor
>>        14. Organize Collection
>>        15. Transcoding
>>        16. Script Manager
>>        17. Remote Collections
>>               1. Ampache
>>               2. DAAP
>>               3. Samba
>>               4. UPnP
>>   2. Menu and Command Reference
>>         1. Amarok Menu
>>         2. View Menu
>>         3. Playlist Menu
>>         4. Tools Menu
>>         5. Settings Menu
>>         6. Help Menu
>>   3. Keybinding Reference
>>         1. Global Shortcuts
>>         2. Amarok Shortcuts
>>
>> See that TODO in the center? That's rather major. I think we should
>> change the major order to
>>
>>   1. Introduction
>>   2. Quick Start Guide
>>   3. The Amarok Window
>>   4. Configuring Amarok
>>   5. Menu and Command Reference (either here, or after Amarok Window)
>>   6. Advanced Features
>>   7. Keybinding Reference
>
> Usually, the references are at the end of a Manual, and this is the
> same structure in other KDE handbooks, one of the main reasons I set
> [...]

Oops, pasting error. Those missing bits might all be in Other Advanced
Features, and I think your scheme is better organized than mine.

Other thoughts? Anything we are missing?

Valorie
--
http://linuxgrandma.blogspot.com
Last.fm, Facebook, Twitter, Identica, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez