Amarok website translation

Myriam Schweingruber schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch
Mon Sep 20 09:33:54 CEST 2010

Welcome Walter,

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 08:07, Valorie Zimmerman
<valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 10:54 PM, Walter Elgeti (Webmaster PeeneTours)
> <webmaster at peenetours.de> wrote:
>> Hello Amarok-promo team,
>>
>> my name is Walter, some might already know me as "Xenios" from IRC. I would
>> like to support the amarok project by doing translations into german
>> language.
>> Valorie already told me that  there's the need to translate the amarok web
>> page, which I would like to do. If you want me to do this, please send me
>> some information how it can be done and what I have to do.
>>
>> Regards, Xenios. :-)
>
> Hi Xenios, welcome to the team! I'll answer in generalities, in case
> anyone else is interested in doing some translation for us. Start by
> creating an account here: http://amarok.kde.org/user , and then ask
> for rights to do translation.
>
> Can someone more knowledgeable about translating talk about the next steps?

Well, the rest is self-explaining, if you are logged in and have
editing rights, you will see a translate tab. Make sure you do
translate the correct language :)

Fro translation of terms specific to Amarok,
http://en.de.open-tran.eu/ (link for English-German, but there are
other languages of course) is of great help, as consistency matters a
lot, even if the German translation of Amarok is sometimes a tad
"old-fashioned". To have an influence on this, one would need to get
into translating the actual software and get in touch with the German
translators on kde-i18n-de at kde.org. This is btw a good idea as well,
as the German translation of Amarok could need some love, too :)

Regards, Myriam.

PS. it's usually a good idea to add your translator credits in the
editor's log message on the website, since translating is as much a
creative work as is the actual writing. Please ping me or somebody on
#amarok.de for proofreading when you are done with a translation, my
nick is Mamarok.

http://www.fsfe.org