Getting an Amarok "starling" started

Danny Piccirillo danny.piccirillo at member.fsf.org
Sun Sep 19 23:30:28 CEST 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 05:21, Valorie Zimmerman
<valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a job in mind, which would be great for someone looking to help
> out at Amarok, but doesn't know oodles about it. Our website is nice,
> but only partially translated, and mostly up-to-date -- with some
> pages sadly OUT of date.
>
> It would be very useful for someone to write this information down for
> us. A list of which pages need translation(s), and a list of pages
> which need updating or deleting.
>
> The motivation would be helping out all Amarok users, and the promo
> team, and learning about how the Amarok project works/fits together.
> Finishing this job will certainly help us clean up our website, and
> present a better, more useful face to the world. I'll have to ask
> around about any other rewards. :-)

This does sound like a cool and valuable task, but we'd like our first
few bounties to be more technical and also have the work immediately
benefit users rather than help other people help the project. This
task is definitely something we could do for the fourth or fifth
bounty, but for our first one do you have some other tasks or bugs
that need squashing?