Getting an Amarok "starling" started

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 11:21:13 CEST 2010

On this page, http://openhatch.org/wiki/Starling

You say, "How to get a project involved

If your project has a simple task that needs to be done (write some
documentation, fix some bug, work on some design, etc), we can help
each other! For a project to get involved, they need to provide the
following:
 An into-level task which needs completion
 Should be well scoped and clearly defined, with a definite end.
 Documentation on the process to complete the task
 Should be step-by-step
 Motivation for the contributor
 List of skills they will acquire, knowledge and experience they will
gain, and impact their contribution will make.
We'll provide the writeup."

I have a job in mind, which would be great for someone looking to help
out at Amarok, but doesn't know oodles about it. Our website is nice,
but only partially translated, and mostly up-to-date -- with some
pages sadly OUT of date.

It would be very useful for someone to write this information down for
us. A list of which pages need translation(s), and a list of pages
which need updating or deleting.

The motivation would be helping out all Amarok users, and the promo
team, and learning about how the Amarok project works/fits together.
Finishing this job will certainly help us clean up our website, and
present a better, more useful face to the world. I'll have to ask
around about any other rewards. :-)

Valorie

CC: the Amarok-promo list

--
New! http://genealogy-uki.linkpendium.com/
Last.fm, Facebook, Twitter, Identica, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez