http://amarok.kde.org/en/node/760/

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 10:48:14 CEST 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 1:15 AM, Abhishek Rane <abhishekrane at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 1:33 PM, Abhishek Rane <abhishekrane at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 3:20 AM, Valorie Zimmerman
>> <valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Abhi has made a page and presented it in #rokymotion a couple of
>>> times. Unfortunately, we haven't crossed paths there so I could give
>>> my feedback. I really LOVE the idea, and think that perhaps the layout
>>> is lacking. How about the icons on the left, and a short phrase on the
>>> right? It would be nice to have links to the basics, too: Quick Start
>>> Guide, Download link, Forum, maybe the list(s) and IRC. I hope we can
>>> have slick buttons for all of them. I can see lots of uses for these.
>>> Valorie
>>>
>>> PS: I think some of our pages should have the little row of RSS,
>>> Delicious, Reddit, FB, Twitter, etc. so that people can publicize
>>> easily.

>> Hmm, I've tried the second idea, and must say it looks really good,
>> here's a page I made for it http://amarok.kde.org/en/node/761 .
>> Currently I've not finished the page yet, but that won't take time
>> once it is approved. Still, I'm rooting for the first mock-up, so I
>> guess it would be better to let people cast a vote.
>>
>> Decide :
>> A http://amarok.kde.org/en/node/760
>> B http://amarok.kde.org/en/node/761

I like 761 better, but as i said, it would lovely to have our OLD
social media on it too -- with nifty buttons. I'll bet we can get one
of our artists to bang something out, not just for us, but for
everybody. Beauteous KDE icons for the forum, list and IRC chan, and
we already have a download one.

> Sorry for posting again but in my opinion we can ALSO put a smaller
> version of http://amarok.kde.org/en/node/760 on the left sidebar of
> a.k.o, just the icons(smaller ones) and nothing else. Watsay?

I can't see how they would fit into the design of the left sidebar,
but I would like to see them at the bottom of *every* suitable page,
like this blog I was reading today (scroll to the bottom):
http://www.fugitivus.net/

Part of that is to help our community connect with us, some for them
to easily stay in touch, and part is to spread the word. I would like
to see this built into all the KDE sites. Would be cool to have a
little thing on the wiki page-making parts, allowing us to choose
which we wanted, and build-in the links for those which need that.

Valorie

--
New! http://genealogy-uki.linkpendium.com/
Last.fm, Facebook, Twitter, Identica, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez