Ideas regarding screenshots

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 12:17:00 CET 2010

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 3:25 AM, abhishek rane <abhishekrane at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>         I saw Valorie's mail today which addressed the need for more
> rokymoters and screenshots too.I think it would be great to create a
> Flikr/Picasa account for Amarok screenshots so that developers and
> other rokymoters could pull those whenever they need them for writing
> a.k.o articles and stuff.The account should allow every rokymotion
> member and developer to post their own screenshots easily,which would
> also give Amarok fans a sneak peek into the upcoming Amarok
> version.Furthermore we could allow Amarok fans to submit their own
> screenshots(to us) and we could upload them.
>       Second idea is to aggregate all Amarok wallpapers and
> artwork(splash screens etc) and upload them to a separate Flikr
> account which could be the default photo stream for the photos
> applet.This could also comprise the artwork submitted by fans(possible
> amarok wallpaper/fan art competition).
>       The flikr account would facilitate aggregation of all
> screenshots like Amarok studios does for videos.Please reply with your
> own ideas,so that we could make Amarok reach out to more people.
>

> -Abhishek
> http://abhitux.com

Flikr and Picasa both sound like good ideas. How about taking the
leadership on this, and creating the accounts both places? In Flikr
though, it seems like maybe a Group would also be a good idea, and a
natural place to have a competition when that time comes along. With a
group, I *think* people just join it, and then tag their photos so
they are seen in the group.

Anyway, that would be a great way to keep a steady supply of images
available to us.

Thanks for your enthusiasm and creativity, Abishek!

Valorie

--
New! http://genealogy-uki.linkpendium.com/
Facebook, Twitter, Identi.ca, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez .