Half-way through the Code-In contest

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 12:28:06 CET 2010

Hi all, we're at the half-way point of the Code-In project, and I need
to assign the last of the Handbook tasks. Please take a look and give
me your feedback; we have only until Jan. 10 when the students have to
turn in the last of their work.

So far, what we have done in the Handbook:

Pedro Oliveira Raimundo (pedromundo) (also did an article about APG
for the Insider, and has written the release doc for 2.4):
http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual/AdvancedFeatures/AutomaticPlaylistGenerator

Sasu Karttunen (skfin):
http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual/AdvancedFeatures/CoverManager ,
http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual/AdvancedFeatures/SavedPlaylists
,

Ivan Nakov: http://userbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Amarok/Manual/AdvancedFeatures/PlaylistFiltering
, http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual/MenuAndCommandReference/Playlist

Daniel Marth: http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual/AdvancedFeatures/SearchInCollection
, http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual/AdvancedFeatures/TagEditor

Paul Ivan: http://userbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Amarok/Manual/AdvancedFeatures/OrganizeCollection

Salma Sultana: http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual/AdvancedFeatures/ScriptManager
, http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual/MenuAndCommandReference/ViewMenu

Caleb: http://userbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Amarok/Manual/MenuAndCommandReference/AmarokMenu

rfw: http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual/AdvancedFeatures/Playlist

I've just assigned 6 more tasks, which takes us very close to being
done. You might notice some new top-level pages/links, which were
created rather hurridly, because of a student mixup. Rather than doing
the Playlist Menu, he wrote up the Playlist pane, and I didn't want to
lose the work. Plus when I though about it, covering each of the panes
at the beginning of the Handbook makes sense to me, with lots of
internal links to the rest of the pages.

I envision the first page to be very simple, just the main areas (top,
collection, context, playlist) being labeled, basically, and those
links going to the correct sections. I guess the top would link to the
Menu and Command Reference section, although that might better be
named as Toolbar: Menu and Commands, maybe.

Anyway, I'm fried from making the new tasks -- please give me some feedback.

Thanks,

Valorie

PS: I do plan to ask each of the students to add themselves to the
contributors page if they wish, near the end of the contest. If any of
YOU have been writing in it, or editing, please make sure YOU are
listed! -v

--
http://linuxgrandma.blogspot.com
Last.fm, Facebook, Twitter, Identica, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez