Google Code-In and the Handbook

Pete Daniels pete at guerrillatechsupport.com
Tue Dec 7 18:58:59 CET 2010

 On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 00:43:58 -0800, Valorie Zimmerman
 <valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all, I backed into Google Code-In as a mentor, hoping to get a
> student to write one article for the Insider about the APG (which
> makes my brain hurt), and if I was very lucky, a Handbook entry as
> well. All of a sudden, students were swarming all over our Handbook,
> wanting to write sections for us!
>
> Please look over their work so far, and edit anything you see which
> needs improvement, that I missed in my haste:
>
> Daniel Marth:
>
> http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual/AdvancedFeatures/SearchInCollection
> http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual/AdvancedFeatures/TagEditor
>
> Sasu Karttunen:
> http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual/AdvancedFeatures/CoverManager
>
> Caleb:
>
> http://userbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Amarok/Manual/MenuAndCommandReference/AmarokMenu
>
> Salma Sultana:
>
> http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual/MenuAndCommandReference/ViewMenu
>
> Also, rfw wrote a very nice page,
> http://userbase.kde.org/Amarok/Manual/AdvancedFeatures/Playlist -
> unfortunately it wasn't the one I assigned. However, I'd like to move
> this up to near the top of the Handbook, because I now see a weakness
> in our proposed organization. We have the Quick Start Guide, which
> covers all of Amarok for beginners.
>
> Then we have lots of in-depth subjects. I think we need a few
> top-level pages about each of the panes. Rfw's page would fit up
> there, as the Playlist pane. Please look at it and tell me what you
> think.
>
> I'd like to move it soon, and re-write the original task, along with
> few others. Our Handbook *could be done by the end of the year!*
> Which
> was my original plan, but it had gotten a bit bogged down, until now.
>
> Please take a moment to look at our students' work, and tell me what
> you think.
>
> Valorie

 Hey Valorie, hey all-
 Going through the manual pages as I write this. I can't verify their
 accuracy because I'm at work, but they read very well. I think this is
 some of the best writing I've seen in the manual so far (including
 mine). My compliments to your students!

 So what's the update on undone pieces of the manual? I've got some free
 time coming up this weekend for a change, I could plug away a little
 bit.

 best-
 pete